- Bundotich Zedekiah who unsuccessfully contested for Uasin Gishu gubernatorial seat in 2017 said offering farmers better maize prices would benefit the country
- He said farmers were right to demand for better prices for their produce because government paid more for imported genetically modified maize
- The newly appointed Chemelil Sugar Company board chairman said sugarcane, tea and coffee farmers needed better rewards for their hard work
- Buzeki said farmers comprise Kenya's 80% population residing in rural areas and empowering them would be developing the country
Renowned Uasin Gishu business man and politician Bundotich Zedekiah Kiprop alias Buzeki has backed farmers' demand for better maize prices at the National Cereals and Produce Board (NCPB).
This comes after maize farmers in the North Rift region threatened not to deliver their produce at NCPB after the Cabinet approved a price of KSh 2,300 per 90kgs bag against their proposed KSh 3,600 price for the same quantity.
Send 'NEWS' to 40227 to receive all the important breaking news as it happens.
READ ALSO: 17-year-old boy in comma misses KCPE exams, doctors unable to diagnose what ails him
Bundotich Zedekiah Kiprop said the country would not lose anything by offering maize farmers better prices for their produce. Photo: Bundotich Zedekiah/Twitter.
READ ALSO: Police unmask 8 Ambira High School students captured in viral video insulting CS Matiang'i and Amina
In a tweet by Buzeki seen by TUKO.co.ke, on Saturday, November 23, he said the government would not be losing anything by offering domestic agricultural producers better pay for their yields.
The tycoon politician who doubles up as Chemelil Sugar Company Limited board chairman argued it was illogical for the government to refuse to purchase maize at a profitable price from local farmers yet it had paid more for imported produce from mexico.
"It is no loss to anyone if government buys farm produce at a profitable price to farmers. Imported farm produce is GMO and costs more by the time it gets to our dinner tables," tweeted Buzeki.
Buzeki said government needed to pay profitable prices to local agricultural producers as it had done to exporters from other countries. Photo: Bundotich Zedekiah/Twitter.
READ ALSO: Binti mrembo ashangaza wengi baada ya kutangaza anaishi na virusi vya HIV
The tycoon who unsuccessfully contested for the Uasin Gishu gubernatorial seat in the 2017 General Election and strongly perceived to be Deputy President William Ruto's ally said farmers' needed not to be demonised for making rightful demands.
"Farmers have a right to demand better prices for maize, tea, coffee and sugarcane," he added.
Buzeki who automatically inclined to the position of MPs Alfred Keter (Nandi Hills), Joshua Kutuny (Cherangany) and Silas Tiren of Moiben said 80% of Kenya's population was rural thus majorly comprising farmers.
He argued that empowering such a huge portion of the country's population would be spurring economic growth in the country.
Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish, please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: 0732482690 and Telegram: Tuko news.
Kenyans Mixed Reactions Over The 2/3 Gender Rule Bill| Tuko TV.
11 Dec, 2018  0  Comments
-Mbunge wa Kapseret Oscar Sudi alizithubutu taasisi za kupambana na ufisadi kumkamata Ruto badala ya kuwatoa kafara wataalamu wa jamii ya Wakalenjin-Alidai Wakalenjin wanaofanya kazi... ...Read More
- Wanaume wawili walikamatwa katika kaunti ya Mombasa kwa kuiba vyombo mbali mbali vya kupikia vyenye thamani ya Ksh 26,400Habari Nyingine : Picha za Rais Uhuru zawasha mitandao... ...Read More
Seven member of the National Assembly have scooped various awards for their exemplary service to citizen in the People’s Shujaaz 2018 edition.The award which is geared towards... ...Read More
- Move to award Jua Kali artisans, according to DP Ruto, is envisioned to open more business doors to sector players- Ruto says the products from the sector will also be exposed to... ...Read More
Sign up to receive our free newsletters!
We do not spam. We value your privacy!
© 2017 Just40days.com. All Rights Reserved