- Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet confirmed the three students had been arrested
- He said the students who had just completed their Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education were persons of interest in exam cheating scandal
- The students recorded themselves insulting Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i and Education counterpart Amina Mohammed
- The police boss said the arrest was not pegged on insults but on confessions by students that they cheated in examinations
Police have arrested three students of Ambira High School in Siaya county who recorded themselves insulting Education Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohammed and her Interior counterpart Fred Matiang'i.
The arrest came just a day after school principal Thomas Odhiambo assisted detectives on Friday, November 23, to identify eight students who were captured in the video including the one who recorded the entire episode.
Send 'NEWS' to 40227 to receive all the important breaking news as it happens.
READ ALSO: Raila Odinga blocks fierce critic and former ally Miguna Miguna on Twitter
The students who had just finished their KCSE examinations recorded a video in which they were insulting Interior CS Fred Matiang'i and Education counterpart Amina Mohammed. Photo:UGC.
READ ALSO: Binti mrembo ashangaza wengi baada ya kutangaza anaishi na virusi vya HIV
Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet told the press on Saturday, November 24, that three of the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidates were arrested to help with investigations into exam cheating allegations.
Besides insulting the Cabinet secretaries, the students boldly confessed they had cheated in the heavily monitored KCSE examinations in the video which went viral.
Boinnet said the boys' confession to have cheated in the national exams made them persons of interest in perpetration of the vice which the government was fighting tooth and nail.
"Three boys are in lawful police custody and will help us with investigations. We did not arrest them because of their despicable utterances but their confession that they cheated in KCSE. We want to know if there was any irregularity and punish any perpetrator," he said.
Poloice said they could arrest more suspects to help unravel the allegations of exam cheating laid bare by the rowdy boys. Photo:UGC
READ ALSO: Girls aged between 15 and 24 record highest number of new HIV infections in Kenya
The video left many Kenyans awestruck in an incident which came few days after President Uhuru Kenyatta raised concern about the moral uprightness of students in high schools.
Boinnet said police would consider arresting more suspects based on the outcome of initial findings after probing the three.
Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish, please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: 0732482690 and Telegram: Tuko news
Kenya news: Top Girl in KCPE 2018 | Tuko TV
11 Dec, 2018  0  Comments
-Mbunge wa Kapseret Oscar Sudi alizithubutu taasisi za kupambana na ufisadi kumkamata Ruto badala ya kuwatoa kafara wataalamu wa jamii ya Wakalenjin-Alidai Wakalenjin wanaofanya kazi... ...Read More
- Wanaume wawili walikamatwa katika kaunti ya Mombasa kwa kuiba vyombo mbali mbali vya kupikia vyenye thamani ya Ksh 26,400Habari Nyingine : Picha za Rais Uhuru zawasha mitandao... ...Read More
Seven member of the National Assembly have scooped various awards for their exemplary service to citizen in the People’s Shujaaz 2018 edition.The award which is geared towards... ...Read More
- Move to award Jua Kali artisans, according to DP Ruto, is envisioned to open more business doors to sector players- Ruto says the products from the sector will also be exposed to... ...Read More
Sign up to receive our free newsletters!
We do not spam. We value your privacy!
© 2017 Just40days.com. All Rights Reserved