"Oleg, I would never hire an overqualified candidate, they are too expensive !" - from my mailbox.
Firstly, please consider this chart.
This chart applies to every profession, but it is most pronounced in technical, teaching, medical, law enforcement, sales, recruitment, management, among others:
This chart is supported by multiple studies.
On how many points do you agree ?
1) There are no overqualified employees, only under-reported age discrimination.
2) Great employees can solve problems you did not even know existed.
3) You hire them not to tell them what to do, you hire them so they can tell you what to do.
4) "Overqualified" employees are only overqualified for insecure bosses. For good leaders they are rock stars who will make everyone in the team look great.
5) Instead of calling them "overqualified" consider calling them "someone who will help us to change course", "someone who we all can learn from", "someone who will make a great difference".
Popular short articles:
Do good to others not because if who they are, but because of who you are. (665,000 Likes)
I was raised to treat the janitor with the same respect as the CEO. (328,000 Likes)
"Train people well enough so they can leave." (286,215 Likes)
Better to have a good boss in a bad company, rather than a bad boss in a good company !(274,000 Likes)
Loyal employees are worth much more than their weight in gold (271,000 Likes)
I hired someone over 50 years old. And, Oh My God. (273,000 Likes, 35M views)
If you do not like where you are, move. You are not a tree. (263,000 Likes)
Employees will stay if (257,000 Likes)
Your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth. (253,000 Likes)
You are killing yourself for a job. (236,000 Likes)
I HIRED someone with EMPLOYMENT gap of 12 years. And, Oh My God ! (168,000 Likes, 16M views)
Never stop dreaming (163,000 Likes)
Office politics make best people quit. (154,000 Likes)
A homeless man applied to a job. (155,000 Likes)
Never Punish Loyal Employees For Being Honest. (143,000 Likes)
The fastest way to lose best employees. (127,000 Likes)
Integrity is by far the most important asset of a leader. (136,000 Likes)
#1 reason managers fail (110,000 Likes)
Looking for a job ? (106,000 Likes, 12M views)
Leadership is what it takes to stand up and speak. Leadership is also what it takes to sit down and listen. (103,000 Likes)
Overqualified employees - you get more than what you pay for them ! (102,000 Likes)
19 Jan, 2019  0  Comments
“Any act of terror is an eye opener to all of us that terrorism can happen anywhere, anytime and to anyone. As much as it seems almost impossible to guarantee your safety in such... ...Read More
- Kuria said current structure of only president and deputy president in top tier made some Kenyans feel excluded
- He proposed for addition of a prime minister, first and second... ...Read More
Five suspects linked to the DusitD2 complex terror attack will spend the next 30 days in police after detectives investigating the matter were granted more time to conclude their... ...Read More
Filmmakers wishing to incorporate guns and related props in their productions will now have to seek approval directly from the office of the Inspector General of police.
The Kenya Film... ...Read More
Sign up to receive our free newsletters!
We do not spam. We value your privacy!
© 2017 Just40days.com. All Rights Reserved